Q&A: What To Do When You’re “Stuck” With A Client On The Autism Spectrum
A listener from the UK emailed me with questions about a client on the autism spectrum. She is feeling “stuck” and was looking for some advice.
In this episode I talk about the following topics:
– Progress with ASD kids takes longer
– The proper use of “I wonder” statements
– Play with kids on the spectrum looks different
– Feeling “pressure” to get results
– Staying true to the child-centered model (don’t deviate!!)
– However small, document progress with the presenting problems
– Never child-centered play therapy – plus, something else!
Pro Tip: 5 Tips For Working With Children On The Autism Spectrum From A Child-Centered Play Therapy Approach
Podcast HQ: https://www.playtherapypodcast.com
Play Therapy Training HQ: https://www.playtherapynow.com
Email me: [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter: @thekidcounselor https://twitter.com/thekidcounselor